FRAMINGHAM – The City of Framingham began advertising for a public health nurse on March 26.
The new position has an annual salary of $65,388.
The 37.5-hour a week position would report to the City’s Chief Public Health Nurse.
The position would “perform many and varied professional nursing duties to reduce the incidents of disease and promote health issues and wellbeing of residents of Framingham. The employee also assists in emergency preparedness, planning and response,” according to the job description.
Applicants should have a Bachelor of Science Degree with 3-5 years related work experience in community health nursing or public health nursing is preferred; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Applicants should be a Registered Nurse License (RN), have a valid driver’s license and have CPR Certification
Individuals can apply at www.framinghamma.gov/jobs
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various type of work that may be performed. The position:
1. Conducts communicable disease investigations, immunization and screening clinics such as TB or influenza, skin testing, lead screening, refers positive tests to regional TB clinic as necessary.
2. Maintains related client/clinic records.
3. Uses knowledge from nursing, social, and public health sciences.
4. Must maintain current uninhibited, unrestricted Registered Nurse License.
5. Assist with clinic related phone calls.
6. Responsible for the management, storage and handling of vaccines.
7. Assists and participates in the organization and development of the department’s emergency preparedness programs.
8. Performs similar or related work as required, directed, or as situation dictates.
9. Serves on a temporary basis as Chief Public Health Nurse as necessary.