1 Last night, March 26, the United States passed China in confirmed COVID-19 cases of coronavirus during this pandemic. John Hopkins Medical has the U.S. with 86,012 cases and China with 81,897.
Framingham had its first fatality yesterday, March 26, of the coronavirus.
2. FOOD SECURITY
- There are food services available for students, families, and any others in need. Starting, yesterday, families can pick up a breakfast and a lunch at four schools Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. for any Framingham child age 18 or younger. Students MUST be in the vehicle.
- For non-families in the City, the United Way & Daniel’s Table is providing service. Click here for more details.
3. UNEMPLOYMENT – A record 3.28 million individuals filed for unemployment benefits last week. That is the highest ever, according to the U.S. Labor Department. The previous high was 695,000 in October of 1982.
4. As of Tuesday at noon, only essential businesses in the Commonwealth are allowed to operate. For a list of all essential businesses, click here.
Restaurants that are still open can only serve take-out at this time. Please support them, if you can. Please is a graphic from Jack’s Abby Beer Hall & Kitchen, which is now doing take-out.
5. According to Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events scheduled.