BOSTON – Today, March 25, Massachusetts Department of Public Health issued a new order to support pharmacies and grocery stores and their employees during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
This order will require grocery stores and pharmacies to:
- Provide at least one hour per day of shopping for adults over 60-years-old.
- Offer sanitation options, such as hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes, as available, to clean shopping carts and points of frequent contact.
- Appropriate social distancing policies, including a marked “Social Distancing Line,” beginning six feet away from all checkout counters.
- Close any self-serve food stations.
- Instruct store employees who are ill to stay home, and for stores to accommodate employees who fall in the high-risk category with alternative assignments to limit exposure.