ASHLAND – The Town of Ashland has its first case of coronavirus.
There are 7,038 cases in the United States, with cases in all 50 states now.
Although the risk to Massachusetts residents of the coronavirus is low, the risk for influenza is still currently high, according to Mass Dept, of Public Health.
However, COVID-19 is highly contagious, said the Governor.
He said for 80% of those infected, it will feel like the flu, but the issue is for the other 20% of individuals.
Many of the things you do to help prevent colds and the flu can help protect you against coronavirus, said Mass Department of Public Health:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean things that are frequently touched (like doorknobs and countertops) with household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Use a tissue or your inner elbow, not your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid close contact with others.