FRAMINGHAM – The MetroWest YMCA, after consulting with local health department, is making a few changes, in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, said President & CEO Rick MacPherson.
From March 14-29, the MetroWest YMCA is:
- Suspending youth programs, including Child Watch and The Early Learning Center at our Framingham Branch facility and our Hopkinton Family Outdoor Center.
- Suspending LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
- Suspending Cardiopulmonary Wellness Program at our Framingham Branch facility.
- The gymnasium will remain open, however pre-school open gym will be suspended.
- Basketball will also not be allowed during this time, this includes The Youth Basketball Extended League.
- The play structure in the Game Room will be closed.
“During this week we will be monitoring the situation to determine the best course of action going forward on a week to week basis,” said MacPherson. “In uncertain times like these, we must be there for one another. The effects will be far reaching and, in response, we all need to think sensibly and empathetically. By following the latest trusted science and leading with our hearts, we will get through this together”
Editor’s Note: The MetroWest YMCA is a long-time advertiser with SOURCE.