FRAMINGHAM – The City of Framingham is seeking to fill vacancies on a variety of boards and commissions, it announced today, March 4.
Serving on a board and commission offers community members an opportunity to share their skills and expertise.
The Mayor’s office will be accepting applications for the open positions through Friday, March 13, or until positions are filled.
- Community Development Committee: The Community Development Committee works in cooperation with the Community and Economic Development Department to satisfy the citizen participation requirements of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974. The committee holds public hearings to obtain views of citizens on community development and housing needs and provide citizens with adequate opportunities to participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Community Development Program. Click here to learn more about the Community Development Committee.
- Disability Commission: The Disability Commission works with City Officials, in Particular the ADA Coordinator and the Access Compliance Inspector, to promote the inclusion of people with disabilities in all aspects of community life. Click here to learn more about the Disability Commission.
- Fair Housing Committee: The Fair Housing Committee’s mission is to educate the community and residents on matters of fair housing. It accomplishes its mission by promoting access to decent, safe, and affordable housing for all segments of the community and through the study of issues, public education, and advocacy. Click here to learn more about the Fair Housing Committee.
- Loring Arena Committee: The Loring Arena Advisory Committee is comprised of members of the skating community representing the various user groups in Framingham, including youth through adult hockey, figure skating, hockey operations, and municipal government. Click here to learn more about the Loring Arena Advisory Committee.
- Planning Board: The Framingham Planning Board is a regulatory land use-reviewing agent. Members must be invested in the development and redevelopment of Framingham to ensure proper growth occurs by employing best practices in land use policies and zoning ordinances, provide a variety of housing options, work collaboratively with landowners and business owners on land use proposals and applications while maintaining a balance that provides for preservation of open space and recreational opportunities. Click here to learn more about the Planning Board.
- Police Advisory Committee: The Police Advisory Committee acts in an advisory capacity to the Police Department by bringing to their attention feedback from the community concerning public safety issues. The committee is devoted to facilitating the flow of ideas relative to police services for the Framingham community. Click here to learn more about the Police Advisory Committee.
- Zoning Board of Appeals: The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) is a quasi-judicial board whose role is to interpret the Framingham Zoning Bylaw in appeals of denied building permits or other determinations of the Building Commissioner and hear petitions for Special Permits and Variances subject to the requirements of Mass. General Laws Chapter 40A. Click here to learn more about the ZBA.
Applications are available online at Framinghamma.gov/SERVE .
Questions can be directed to Alaa Abusalah, Citizen Participation Officer, at email@example.com or 508-532-5510.