By Framingham State athletics
WESTFIELD – The Framingham State University Rams men’s basketball team was defeated 73-58 by Westfield State University Saturday afternoon in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at the Woodward Center in Westfield.
With the loss, Framingham State is now 1-13 overall and 0-1 in the Conference.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Westfield State was paced by 24 points from Vawn Lord. Lord finished 7-18 shooting from the floor and 10-12 at the foul line. Brendon Hamilton added 14 points and 11 rebounds for Westfield, with Marcus Collins adding 11 points and seven rebounds.
- Junior Cameren McCloud-Thomas (Springfield) led the Rams with 20 points and eight rebounds. McCloud-Thomas connected on 10-of-15 from the floor in the game.
- Senior Tyri Hampton (Fitchburg) added 18 points and nine rebounds, while freshman John Kalton (Somerville)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams and the Owls were tied 19-19 midway through the opening stanza before the Owls used a late run to lead 38-30 at the half.
- The Owls started the second half with a 23-8 run capped by a Moody Bey putback to lead by as many as 23 in the second half.
The Rams are back in action on Thursday, January 16, when they host Worcester State at 8 p.m.