By Framingham State athletics
NORTON – The Framingham State University men’s basketball team surrendered a 14-0 run during the first half as the Rams were defeated 88-70 by Wheaton College in non-conference action this evening at Emerson Gymnasium.
This was Wheaton’s first win of the season. They are now 1-1.
Framingham State is 0-5 this season.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams were led offensively by 13 points from Dominique Jenkins-Maxwell. Jenkins-Maxwell connected on six-of-nine from the floor and added five rebounds.
- Sophomore Tajahn Joyner added 12 points on six-of-11 from the floor, while Colin Myers added 11 points off the bench.
- Junior Cameren McCloud-Thomas chipped in eight points and eight boards, while Tyri Hampton finished with eight point and four rebounds.
- The Lions saw four players record double figures led by a game-high 19 from Robby Lowey.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams led 6-5 on a layup from Cameren McCloud-Thomas just under four minutes into the game.
- Wheaton used a 14-0 run over the next four minutes taking a 19-6 and control of the game.
- The Rams cut the gap to 10 (19-9) midway through the frame, but Wheaton pushed the lead back to double digits with an 8-0 run.
- Wheaton maintained the advantage throughout the second half leading by as many as 21.
The Rams are back in action Friday night when they travel to UMass Boston for a non-conference tilt at 5 p.m.