1 The Callahan Center hosts Truly Eleanor with the Delvena Theatre Company at 2 p.m. The performance is free.
From the theatre company – ” 3-person, live performance, Eleanor shares some of her most private and meaningful moments – her lonely childhood; her joyous courtship and marriage with her fifth cousin, Franklin; her devastation at Franklin’s love affair with her own social secretary; her resolve to make him president after his polio diagnosis; her involvement in his presidency; and her eventual triumph at the United Nations. “Truly Eleanor” takes a candid look at our greatest First Lady’s courage and at her great contributions to human rights and liberty for all. The cast will open up for discussion of the subject matter after the performance.”
2. Today is National Women’s Entrepreneurship Day.
3. City of Framingham meetings:
- Framingham City Council meets tonight at 7:15 p.m. in the Blumer Community room in the Memorial Building.
- Framingham City Council’s subcommittee on appointments meets at 5:30 p.m. in the Blumer room in the Memorial Building.
4. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer will hold two community hours with the public. No appointment needed.
5. The main Framingham Public Library will host a poetry workshop today from 7 to 9 p.m. at 49 Lexington Street