By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Lasell College field hockey team defeated Framingham State by a score of 4-1 on Monday afternoon in non-conference action at Maple Street Field.
With the win, Lasell College evens its record at 8-8.
With the loss, Framingham State falls to 3-12 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Lasers got on the board in the 8th minute when Sam Taylor (Hanover, Mass.) scored after dribbling around a defender.
- The visitors added to their lead near the end of the first half on a corner play when Mindy Esposito (Sunderland, Mass.) banged in a one-time pass from Taylor.
- The Lasers sent the teams to the break, leading 3-0 when Megan Horrigan (Wakefield, Mass.) tapped in a cross from Brooke Landry (New Milford, Conn.).
- The Rams broke through in the 36th minute when Julia Tetreault (Sutton, Mass.) found back of the cage off a pass from Bella Kondi (Canaan, NH).
- The Lasers answered about 10 minutes later when Katie Johnson (Auburn, Mass.) nudged in a pass from Landry.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sofia Rodriguez (Peabody, Mass.) made eight stops in the win for Lasell. Grace Pushor (Old Town, ME) played the full 60 minutes in net for the Rams.
- The Rams outshot the Lasers 14-to-7 and were awarded eight penalty corners to the Lasell four.
The Rams will travel to Westfield State for a Little East clash on Wednesday, October 23 at 4 p.m.