By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – Huskies sophomore Samantha Ellis scored two goals for the University of Southern Maine en route to a 2-0 shutout win over Framingham State Tuesday afternoon at Maple Street Field in Framingham.
With the win, the Huskies are now 8-7 overall.
With the loss, Framingham State falls to 1-8 in the Conference and 3-11 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After an even first period Ellis broke through in the 20th minute when she found the back of the cage off a helper from Hayden Spencer (Sabattus, ME).
- The Rams tried to counter taking nine shots and had nine corner attempts in the 2nd period but could not break through.
- The Huskies got an insurance goal in the 39th minute when Ellis again found the back of the net with help from Abbie Staples (Alfred, ME).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Lindsay Pych (West Milford, NJ) made four saves in the shutout win for the Rams. Jordyn O’Boyle (Bradford, MA) made nine saves in net for the Rams.
- The Huskies shutout the Rams 15-to-12 keeping the Rams to just two shots in the second half.
- The Rams led in the corner battle being awarded 10 chances to the Huskies seven.
The Huskies are right back in action tomorrow afternoon, October 16 when they host to Bates at 4:30.
The Rams return to action next Monday when they host Lasell at Maple Street Field.