By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State men’s soccer team defeated Worcester State by a score of 2-0 to stay undefeated in MASCAC play, Saturday afternoon at Maple Street Field in Framingham.
The Rams are undefeated in the Conference at 3-0, and 5-6 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a scoreless first half that saw the Lancers outshoot the Rams 10-to-4 the Rams broke through early in the second half.
- In the 56th minute Gustavo Cassemiro (Minas Gerais, Brazil) dribbled around two defenders before sending a strike into the back of the net for the 1-0 lead.
- Less than a minute late Cassemiro sent in a pass that was redirected by Bryant Nardizzi (Framingham) and finished by Isaac De Souza (Sao Paulo, Brazil) to go up 2-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Rams keeper Corey Davidge (Blackstone) made six stops in net for the Framingham.
- Henri Guilmette (Franklin) made frive saves for the Lancers.
- The Lancers held a slim advantage in shot 15-to-12, 15-to-14 on net.
The Lancers return to the pitch on Thursday, October 10, when they travel to Becker. The Rams will host Dean in non- conference action on Wednesday, October 9.