FRAMINGHAM – Framingham firefighters were called to Woodside Road last night, October 3, at 10:50 p.m. for a one-alarm fire, said Framingham Assistant Fire Chief Michael Dutcher.
The occupants of the 3 Woodside Road house awoke to smoke detector going off and discovered a fire in the basement, explained Chief Dutcher.
Engine 7, Engine 2, Tower 1, Rescue 1 and Car 2 responded to the “minor fire” just before 11 p.m., said Chief Dutcher.
The fire started with the dryer in the basement, said Chief Dutcher.
All occupants of the house, including the family’s cat, got out of the house safely, said Chief Dutcher.
“There was minimal damage to the basement, and the house,” said Chief Dutcher.
The home is habitable, he added.
No one was injured.