By Framingham State athletics
WENHAM Led by a third-place finish by freshman Miguel Torres (pictured), the Framingham State University men’s cross country team finished in second place at the 48th Annual Pop Crowell Invitational hosted by Gordon College.
Torres is a Milford High graduate.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Torres completed the 8K course in a time of 28:17 which was just six seconds behind the second place finisher.
- Classmate Jaydon Kinuthia (Leominster, Mass.) crossed the line second for the Rams completing the course in 29:44 which placed him 12th.
- Sophomore Kevin Durant (Lynn, Mass.) and freshman Cullen Lancaster (Mansfield, Mass.) followed next for the Rams in 15th and 16th at 30:07 and 30:25.
- Freshman Manny Miranda (West Springfield, Mass.) followed next for the Rams at 30:51.
- Rounding out the top seven finishers for the Rams was freshman P.J. Pharmer (Peru, Mass.) and classmate Alexander Portanova (Walpole, Mass.) at 32:22 and 32:42.
- The Rams accumulated 60 total points in route to securing second place in the meet, while the University of New England took the top spot.
The Rams are off next week, but return to the course on October 12th at the James Earley Invitational hosted by Westfield State University.