The following is a press release from Framingham & Ashland State Rep. Jack Patrick Lewis’ office.
FRAMINGHAM – Rep. Jack Patrick Lewis invites local youth to help design his official “Happy Holidays” card.
Each year his office sends out over 1,000 personalized cards to community and statewide leaders, local businesses, and everyone who has ever been in touch with his office.
“I am excited to showcase the artwork of our local youth,” Rep. Lewis explained. “and I hope to get many participants. While only one will be selected for the holiday card, I look forward to showcasing many of the designs on social media in the weeks ahead.”
Last year’s winner was Sophia Silva. Her card is featured with this report.
- The competition is open to any children, K-5, who live and/or go to school in Framingham or Ashland.
- Artwork must be submitted by Wednesday, November 7 to Jack.Lewis@mahouse.gov.
Please email either a scanned copy or a photograph of the artwork.
- If your artwork is selected, Rep. Lewis will use the original to make the final card.
- Please use a horizontal 8.5 x 11 piece of paper and use only crayons, colored pencils, or markers. Feel free to be creative. The only requirement is that the artwork must contain the phrase “Happy Holidays.”
- If your child’s artwork is selected, his office will send a permission form.
- The final design will be selected by a local artist.
- If you have any questions, please email Rep. Lewis directly at Jack.Lewis@mahouse.gov.
- Lewis represents six precincts in Framingham (8, 13, 14, 16, 17 & 18) and the town of Ashland.