By Framingham State athletics
FRANKLIN – Dean College received goals from three different student-athletes as the host Bulldogs knocked off Framingham State, 3-0, in non-league women’s soccer action on Wednesday afternoon at Longley Field in Franklin.
Dean College secured its first victory of the season and is now 1-5 overall.
Framingham State is 0-4-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Cardinal and White broke through in the 23rd minute when sophomore Mikayla Godding (Stoneham, Mass.) collected a loose ball at the right corner of the box and then floated her first career goal into the back of the net at 22:45.
- A little more than a minute later, classmate Allison Buckley (Guilford, Vt.) added her first of the season when she took control of a bouncing ball between two defenders and fired a shot that whizzed past Ram netminder Madison Brown at 23:55.
- Things stayed that way until the 73rd minute when the third member of that trio got in on the action. Miranda Seacord (Cambridge, N.Y.) gained possession of the ball surrounded by three Framingham State defenders and then maneuvered her way through them to the top of the box and then chipped a shot over the head and arms of an oncoming Brown to give the Bulldogs a commanding 3-0 edge at 72:55.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Amazingly, the Rams held a 29-15 edge in shots and a 5-0 advantage in corner kicks, but thanks to the outstanding performance in net from Macy Parisee (East Freetown, Mass.), who made 19 saves, the Bulldogs were able to keep a hard-charging Framingham State squad off the scoreboard.
- Madison Brown (Attleboro, Mass.) made five saves in net for the Rams.
The Rams will open MASCAC play on Friday, September 20, when they host Fitchburg State at 4 p.m.