By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State men’s soccer team used scores by four different players to defeat Lesley by a score of 5-1 in non-conference action Monday afternoon in Framingham.
With the win Framingham State is now 2-4 on the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams got on the board in the 17th minute when Isaac De Souza (Sao Paulo, Brazil) chipped in a shot over the crashing keeper after a pass from Bryce Nardizzi (Framingham, Mass.).
- The Lynx seemed to tie the score seconds later but their scored was waved off due to an offside call.
- Bryce Nardizzi got in on the action in the just under two minutes after the first Rams goal. Then Jared Nardizzi (Framingham, Mass.) sent in a long strike off a helper from Jeffson Malachie (Pat-au-Prince, Haiti).
- The Lynx cut into the Rams deficit in the 31st minute when Ben Heischuber (Holliston, Mass.) sent in a long pass to Max Fereira (Roseville, CA) which was sent past a lunge John Davidge (Blackstone, Mass.).
- The Rams scored again in the 67th minute when Gustavo Cassemiro (Minas Gerais, Brazil) converted on a penalty kick.
- The Lynx had a chance in the ensuing minutes, but their one-time opportunity hit the post and was cleared out of danger.
- Cassemiro tallied again moments later when he sent in a strike with help from Akeem Bucknor (Manchester, Jamaica).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Davidge earned the win in net for Rams. Patrick Corcoran (West Hartford, Conn.) made two saves before giving way to David Crutchfield (Shrewsbury, Mass.) who turned away eight shots for the Lynx.
- The Rams outshot the Lynx by a 30-to-6 margin overall (15-to-1 on goal) and held a 2-to-1 edge in corner kicks for the contest.
The Rams will open MASCAC play when they travel to Fitchburg State on Saturday afternoon for a 2 p.m. contest.