1 Today is election day in the City of Framingham, but ONLY for some voters. Polls will be open until 8 p.m.
Voters in District 1, District 5 and District 8 will participate in a preliminary election, to reduce the number of candidates in three races from three candidates to two candidates to appear on the November 5 election.
SOURCE gave a Q&A to all nine candidates on the ballot. Eight of the nine candidates answered the questions and returned then to SOURCE.
In District 1, voters will choose between three individuals for City Council.
District 1 is comprised of Precincts 1 and 2.
In District 5, voters will choose between three individual for City Council.
District 5 is comprised of Precincts 8 and 12.
In District 8, voters will choose between three individuals for School Committee.
District 8 is comprised of Precincts 15 & 18
2. FLYERS in action:
- Framingham High girls swim team coming off a loss to Needham High Friday night travels to Brookline High today for a 4 p.m. meet
- Framingham High boys soccer hosts Braintree at 3:34 p.m.
- Girls soccer at Braintree for a 3:35 p.m. game.
- Girls volleyball at Braintree for a 4 p.m. match.
3. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Framingham Mayor Yvonne Spicer will speak at the Boston University’s INITIATIVE ON CITIES: 100th anniversary of the 19th amendment giving the women the right to vote today from noon to 2 p.m.
4. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings:
- Framingham appointment subcommittee has a meeting at 6 p.m. today at the Blumer room in the Memorial Building.