The following is a press release from the Mayor’s office.
FRAMINGHAM – Mayor Spicer invited to represent the City on a panel at Rail-Volution in Vancouver, Canada Tuesday, September 10, to discuss challenges unique to suburban Transit-Oriented Development (TOD).
With the other panelists, Mayor Spicer, according to the press release, will be discussing:
- How suburban communities use TOD to address increased demand for affordable housing and walkability resulting from increased housing costs in a city center.
- How suburban municipalities overcome capacity limitations and use collaboration.
- How have suburban communities responded to outdated regulations and policies to enable TOD.
- Local government’s role. Transit-Oriented, what internal policies and processes do suburban municipalities need to have in place to support TOD implementation.
- Challenges faced by suburban municipalities and creative solutions.
For over 20 years, Rail-Volution has been the place to engage in thoughtful discussions with change-makers and influencers, the place to share ideas and breakthroughs, frustrations and inspiration, about building livable communities with transit.