By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – New England College junior Zoe Pedler (Bunbury, Austratlia) sent a rebound into the cage in the 68th minute to lead the Pilgrims to a 2-1 overtime win over Framingham State Saturday afternoon in Framingham.
New England College remains undefeated with the OT win.
Framingham State suffers its first loss of the season, and is now 1-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- New England College had a good look at the net in the opening minutes but Rams defender Sarah Burke cleared the shot off the goal line and out of danger.
- The Pilgrims opened the scoring in the 12th minute when Audrey Carr (Weare, NH) sent a long strike toward the net that sneaked by the Rams goalie for the early 1-0 lead.
- The Rams had a great opportunity with just under ten minutes to play when Mallory Weir cut off a pass at the top of the arc but the Pilgrims keeper crashed hard and knocked away the opportunity. The Rams gathered the loose ball and ripped two shots that were both saved.
- Moments later Rams freshman Isabella Konda ripped a shot from the right side into the net to tie the score.
- The Rams were assessed a yellow card late in the half but the Pilgrims were not able to capitalize as the game went into overtime.
- After a couple chances on each side NEC was able to break through in the 68th minute.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Grace Pushor made four stops in net for Rams.
- Ellie Philben turned away ten shots for the Pilgrims.
Photo courtesy of Framingham State athletics