1 Tonight, Congresswoman Katherine Clark (MA-5) and U.S. Senator Ed Markey will host a town hall in Framingham on the Green New Deal and the future of climate change. Rep. Clark is a co-sponsor of Senator Markey and Rep. Ocasio Cortez’s Green New Deal resolution, a bold set of goals that calls for a national mobilization to transform the economy, fight climate change, and create millions of jobs. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. and will last until 8 p.m. at Framingham High School.
2. Homework Center’s 3rd Annual Math Camp at the main Framingham Library today from 10 a.m. to noon.
Students entering grades 3-8 will:
- Review math skills
- Preview math material upcoming in the fall!
- Solve challenging equations on creative worksheets
- Play challenging math-based board games
- Navigate scavenger hunts using…math!
3. Summer Reading BBQ & Ice Cream event at the main Framingham Public Library tonight from 5 to 7 p.m. Renowned folk guitarist, singer, songwriter and humanitarian Kristen Graves will be playing a tribute to Pete Seeger while you munch on hot dogs and ice cream in our outdoor reading garden. She has been mentioned in Rolling Stone and The New York Times. She has shared the stage with Pete Seeger, Harry Belafonte, Peter Yarrow and many more. Come join us for the fun!
4.CITY OF FRAMINGHAM meetings:
- Edgell Grove Cemetery Trustees meeting at 3 p.m. at the cemetery office.
- Framingham Assessors at 5:15 p.m. at City Hall
- Framingham EDIC at 7 p.m. at the Memorial Building
According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer will attend the Green New Deal Town Hall at Framingham High tonight with Se. Markey and Congresswoman Clark.
5. Tryouts for high school fall sports begin tomorrow, August 22. Tryouts for teams include field hockey, girls swim & dive, girls volleyball, boys soccer, girls soccer, cross-country teams. Football began tryouts last week. Cheerleading and dance teams had tryouts in June.