UPDATED: Framingham Family Alleges Police Raided Home With No Warrant

FRAMINGHAM – A Framingham family has shared a home security video of members of the MetroWest Drug Task Force at their house last week. The family alleges members of the task forced illegally entered and searched their house, without a warrant, among other allegations.

The video was shared with SOURCE, other Boston media, and nationally.

“These police officers raided our home with no warrant in front of our children,” wrote Antoninette Callahan. “They forced entry into our home and threatened to kill our pregnant dog! They committed an illegal search and seizure, took all of our savings and our legally owned guns, literally took the cash out of our pockets!”

“Now we are need to hire a lawyer to fight for our constitutional rights,” wrote Callahan in launching the GoFundMe seeking to raise $10,000. “We are good hard working patriotic Americans and they have robbed us down to our last pennies.”

No arrests were made on August 7. There is no log entry in the public Framingham Police log.

(Updated): Framingham Police issued this statement after 2:45 p.m. today: “On August 7, 2019 members of Natick and Framingham Police, assigned to the MetroWest Drug Task Force applied for a search warrant in connection with an ongoing investigation into a Prior Drive residence in Framingham.” 

Prior Drive is located near Framingham High School and Central Street.

“Probable cause was found to issue the search warrant, and officers subsequently executed it at the home,” said the statement from the Framingham Police and the City of Framingham.

The search warrant was not available to the public (or media) today, August 12.

“Pursuant to the investigation police have applied for criminal charges, and a hearing is scheduled,” said Framingham Police and the City of Framingham in a statement. No other details were provided.

“As this is an ongoing and active investigation no additional information can be released at this time,” said the statement.

Editor’s Note: The Middlesex District Attorney’s office has not issued a statement. The DA’s office said there was some confusion between the city and its office. The statement SOURCE published was from Framingham Police and the city, said the DA’s office. Report was updated at 6:32 p.m.

(Update) “In the best interest of everyone involved, we are thoroughly investigating the incident,” said Mayor Yvonne M. Spicer, in an email to the full 11-member City Council.

SOURCE requested but received no statement from the Mayor or her spokesperson.

SOURCE can confirm that the officer on the front porch with Callahan, who launched the GoFundMe, is not a Framingham Police Officer.

That officer is employed by the Natick Police.


***

Photo is a screenshot from video sent to SOURCE of a Natick detective, who was a member of the MetroWest Drug Task Force, talking to Callahan.

***

The video was sent to SOURCE and other news outlets this morning, including Boston TV stations. It is not produced by SOURCE. It was produced by HighImpactVlogs and published on Sunday. There are inaccuracies in the video and SOURCE does not encourage individuals to call the police, to complain as it could interfere with those who need police or medical assistance. Residents unhappy are welcome to contact police via email.

Framingham Source Editor Susan Petroni

Susan Petroni Framingham Source Editor Email: editor@FraminghamSource.com Phone: 508-315-7176

Leave a Reply