1 Mosquito spraying is scheduled in Framingham tonight at dusk.
3. Sudbury Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #8771 made a donation to Operation Stand Down Friday night in Framingham. The Framingham Medical Reserve Corps and Framingham Veterans were accepting donations to help fund Massachusetts Public Health Nurses with their foot care to homeless and at-risk Veterans. Retired Framingham Veterans agent Peter Harvell gave the check to Framingham public health nurse Kitty Mahoney.
4. CITY OF FRAMINGHAM meetings:
- Framingham Housing Authority is meeting at 5 p.m. at John J Brady at the O’Grady Administration building.
- Welcoming Framingham Task Force is meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the Ablondi room in the Memorial Building.
- City Council’s finance subcommittee is scheduled to meet today at 7 p.m. in the Ablondi room in the Memorial Building.
- The Strategic Initiative & Finance Oversight Committee is scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. in the Blumer room in the Memorial Building
According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events today, but will meet with individual City Councilors today from 4 to 5 p.m.
5. The City’s three public beaches are open today from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. They are Lake Waushakum, Saxonville Beach and Learneds Pond in the Warren-Oakes neighborhood.
Beach tags are required for entrance or you can purchase a one-day pass at $3.
The beach will close for the summer on Thursday, August 15.