NATICK – The Town of Natick is looking for its next Director of Facilities.
The position develops and oversees the proper maintenance of and safety in all public buildings (Town, School, and Public Safety).
No salary range was posted for the position.
The Director will provide regular updates to the Superintendent regarding the upkeep, cleanliness, and maintenance of school facilities as well as for all school building projects.
The Director must coordinate custodial services and assignment and school facility maintenance with the Principal and/or designee.
The Director also, works with Town Administration to ensure strategic objectives are met for groups contracting for Town buildings and services.
The position is under the day-to-day supervision of the Town Administrator in collaboration with the School Superintendent
The position was posted on July 30.
Individuals applying should have:
- Over ten (10) years’ experience in facilities management (at least five (5) of which shall be supervisory experience).
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, business, or a related field, or equivalent job experience.
- Certified Facility Administrator (CFA) and Mass. Certified Public Purchasing Official (MCPPO) desirable.
- Supplemental courses, training and/or education in a related field are highly desirable.
- Must possess a valid Class D State Driver’s License.
- The employee must be able to use a phone; personal computer including word processing, spreadsheets, and database software, email, internet; copy machine; fax machine; calculator.
Individuals should be knowledgable in:
- Public procurement laws and regulations.
- Construction and design services contract administration procedures (Experience with MSBA building process is a plus).
- Price trends and grades of quality of materials and equipment.
- Methods, materials and tools/equipment used in the care and maintenance of buildings.
- Hazards and safety precautions common to facility maintenance/repair activities.
- Local government practices and procedures.
- Report writing and preparation.
- Preparation and management of a departmental budget.
- Office automation software including electronic spreadsheets.
The director will:
- Manage and direct the activities of large-scale building construction projects.
- Identify short and long range building needs, prioritize projects through development of current year capital budget and 5+ year capital plan; modify work plan in response to changing priorities or emergencies
- Plan, organize, direct and supervise the work of department personnel; provide training to advance employee skills and ensure familiarity with emerging trends and changing regulations.
- Identify issues, analyze problems, engage appropriate stakeholders, develop alternative solutions, resolve conflicts, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Interpret and apply civil engineering and building construction best practices, requirements and specifications.
- Interpret and apply federal, state and local policies, laws and regulations.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with other municipal departments and others to help solve problems and implement cost-effective solutions.
The Town of Natick offers a complete benefits package to include a competitive pay, pension plan, 12 paid holidays, employee assistance program, educational assistance program along with medical and dental insurances.
Interested candidates are requested to apply by emailing a resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references to email@example.com