1 This is the last week of school for seniors at Framingham High School. Graduation will be Sunday, June 2 at 1 p.m. at Bowditch Field.
The Vice Principal for the Class of 2019 is leaving at the end of the school year for a position in Wellesley. Tonight, begins the interviews for the Vice Principal for the Class of 2019/2023.
2. Local gardeners extraordinaire, Brigitte Griffin and Gesa Lehnert, will present ways to maximize space in your garden at the Christa McAuliffe Library branch tonight from 7 to 8 p.m. in a program on vertical gardening.
3. Framingham Mayor Yvonne Spicer, according to her public schedule, the mayor will meet with City Councilors this afternoon.
This morning, she is being interviewed by Barbieri Elementary students from 9:15 to 10:30 a.m.
The students are working on a biography unit in third grade. As part of that experience, they will be interviewing people from the community about their early life, adult life, and accomplishments. Mayor Spicer will begin by discussing her life in her current position as mayor, which will be followed by a Q&A session with the students about other parts of her life, especially her youth and her interests. Different students will be asking Mayor Spicer questions about her life, her accomplishments and people who inspired her as well as any hardships she encountered trying to reach her goals in life.
4. City of Framingham meetings:
- Framingham School Committee’s subcommittee on finance and operations meeting at 3:30 p.m. in City Hall.
- Framingham Housing Authority is meeting at 5 p.m. at the O’Grady Administration Building
- Framingham Library Trustees meeting at 7 p.m. at the main Framingham Library.
- Keefe Technical School’s Committee has a meeting at 7 p.m. at the school
- Framingham PTBO will meet tonight at 7 at Barbieri Elementary. On the agenda is to elect new officers for the 2019-2020 school year.
5. FLYERS in action, weather permitting
- Framingham High baseball hosting Walpole High at 3:45 p.m. at Bowditch Field’s diamond
- Boys tennis is at Wellesley High for a 3:45 p.m. match against the Raiders.
- Softball travels to Walpole for a 3;45 p.m. game against the Rebels.
- Girls Tennis hosts Wellesley at 3:45 p.m.
- Boys Volleyball travels to Newton for a game against Newton North High at 4 p.m.