Photo & report by Framingham State athletics
SALEM – The Framingham State University women’s lacrosse team sailed out to a 12-0 lead at the half as they defeated Salem State University 17-2 Saturday afternoon in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action in Salem.
With the win, Framingham State remains undefeated in the Conference at 5-0, and is now 122-3 overall.
Salem State falls to 3-11 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams jumped out to a 7-0 lead in the first eight minutes of the contest. Sophomore Alissa Marino struck first off a feed from junior Grace Gamache (pictured) just over a minute into the game.
- Three seconds later off the draw, Gamache found the back of the net for her first of the game off a feed from senior Shae Riley.
- Junior Morgan Begley and senior Tess Destino scored 11 seconds apart, and Marino and sophomore Jenna McMahon scored pushed the lead to 7-0.
- Gamache tallied her second of the game pushing the lead to 8-0 with just under 20 minutes remaining and she found the back of the net off a feed from Nicole Pacheco with five minutes left in the first to head to the locker room leading 12-0.
- In the second half, Marino converted off a Gamache feed for the 13-0 lead before Amanda Bradley got the Vikings on the board.
- The Rams would score the next three pushing the lead to 16-1 before the two teams traded goals in the last five minutes to reach the final margin.
- Senior Indigo Fox Tree-McGrath and sophomore Mikayla Seavey combined to made five saves in net for the Rams.
The Rams are back in action on Wednesday when they travel to Mass. Maritine for a MASCAC contest beginning at 7 p.m.