By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University baseball team took game two of a Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) doubleheader 6-3 over Bridgewater State University after falling 18-8 to the Bears in the opener Friday afternoon at Bowditch Field in Framingham.
Framingham State is now 9-6 in the Conference and 16-14 overall.
Bridgewater State is now 11-16 overall and 7-8 in the Conference.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
Game 1 –
· Bridgewater State grabbed a 3-0 lead in their first at bat of the day. Lewis Robinson plated a pair with a two run double with two outs and Gavin Sparkman added an RBI double of his own.
· The Bears used an 11 run second inning to take control of the game. Liam Bell started the scoring with an RBI single to center and Ruben Gonzalez plated a pair with a single.
Jonathan Livolsi added a two run double and Robinson plated another with a single. After the Bears loaded the bases, David Skiendiel cleared them with a double and Kevin Bresciana capped the inning with a two run single.
· The Rams got on the board in the bottom of the third. Senior Aaron Willians doubled and then came around to score on a bloop single to left by classmate Joe Ambrosino.
· The Rams added three more in the bottom of the fourth inning. Williams singled thru the right side scoring a run and junior Bobby Higgins (Bascored the second with an RBI ground out. Ambrosino capped the scoring with an RBI ground rule double to center.
· Bridgewater tacked on two apiece in the top of the fifth and seventh. Robinson belted a solo homer to left and Dominic Precopio (Framingham) plated a run with a double in the fifth and Precopio added a two run homer in the top of the seventh.
· The Rams got four in the bottom of the seventh to reach the final margin. Freshman Gino DeSimone a run with an RBI single and junior RC Goodman followed with a three run homer to right.
· The Bears recorded 20 hits in the game and were led by Liam Bell who collected five hits, scored three run and drove in one. Sparkman finished the game 4-for-4 with three run scored and an RBI, while Robinson, Precopio and Skiendiel drove in three runs apiece.
· Williams and Ambrosino collected three hits apiece for the Rams, while Cory Caraher finishd the game with two hits and two runs scored.
· Jarrett Archambault earned the win for the Bears going five innings and allowing four earned runs on seven hits.
Game 2 –
· Bridgewater grabbed the early lead in game two on an RBI single up the middle by Bresciana who later scored in the inning on a wild pitch.
· The Bears pushed the lead to 3-0 with a single run in the top of the second on the back end of a double steal.
· The Rams got on the board in the bottom of the frame. Junior Andrew Curtis singled and moved to third on a failed pickoff attempt. Senior Matt Fogarty followed with an RBI single.
· The Rams tied the game in the bottom of the third on RBI ground outs from Ambrosino and senior Kyle Dembrowski (Natick, Mass.).
· They took the lead for good with three in the bottom of the fourth. Higgins singled up the middle with runners on first and second for the first run and Ambrosino followed with a two run bloop single with two outs.
· Senior Kevin Connelly earned the win in game two going five innings and allowing three earned runs on seven hits with five strikeouts. Sophomore Josh Jezouit tossed an inning of scoreless relief without allowing a hit and junior Kevin Scerra tossed a scoreless inning to earn the save.
· Greg Cavaioli took the loss going four innings and allowing six runs, five earned, on 10 hits with seven strikeouts.
The Rams are back in action on Wednesday when they host Newbury in a non-conference game at 3:30 p.m