Photo and report by Framingham State athletics
FITCHBURG – The Framingham State University women’s lacrosse team led 8-2 at the half as the Rams cruised to a 15-5 victory over Fitchburg State University in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference action at Elliot Field on Saturday, April 13.
With the win Framingham State remains undefeated in the Conference at 4-0 and 11-3 overall.
Fitchburg State now falls to 2-11 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Falcons took a 1-0 lead before the Rams rattled off six straight to take control of the contest.
- Junior Nichole Pacheco tallied twice, while sophomore Hanna McMahon, classmate Morgan Begley, junior Perin Genaway, and freshman Tara Palermo tallied one apiece.
- Tracy Long cut the deficit to 6-2 for the Falcons, but back-to-back for the Rams from sophomore Alissa Marino and Chandler Farley pushed the lead to 8-2.
- The Rams scored three straight to start the second half pushing the advantage to 11-3.
- The Falcons would get no closer as the Rams tallied the game’s final two goals.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Senior Indigo Fox Tree-McGrath and sophomore Mikayla Seavey combined in net to make 13 stops for the Rams.
- Palermo and Pacheco finished the game with three goals apiece for the rams, while Farley and Marino each tallied a pair.
The Rams are back in action on Tuesday when they host Westfield State in a MASCAC tilt at 7 p.m.