LETTER: Consumer Services, Like Health Department, Should Be in City Hall

FRAMINGHAM – The proposed move of the Framingham Health Department to the Callahan Center has stirred quite a bit of controversy on both sides.

As part of this proposed move it is time we look at how space is allocated for city departments.

We basically have 2 type of departments or gections of departments.

We have consumer facing departments such as Licensing, Public Health Clinic,  city clerk and we have back room type departments or sub departments such as payroll, Human Resources, facilities management, etc. We should have the consumer facing departments at the city hall and back room departments could be located elsewhere.

I have also heard that there is a cost in moving the clinic because it needs generator outlets.

As the clinic was located in city hall moving back to this location would eliminate the need for new wiring.

By allocating space this way it would make it easier for the public to deal with the city and allow the city to select other spaces that they can get at better rents.

There should also be space available at the old library building in Saxonville.

The city if facing a need for more space than they presently have allocated, however this provides us with an opportunity not to just purchase more space but to use space more intelligently.

Thank you,

Stephen Golden


Framingham Source Editor Susan Petroni

Susan Petroni Framingham Source Editor Email: editor@FraminghamSource.com Phone: 508-315-7176

Leave a Reply