By Framingham State athletics
NORTHBORO – The Framingham State University baseball team tallied five runs in the bottom of the third to erase a 2-0 deficit in route to a 6-2 victory over Salem State University in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action Wednesday afternoon at the New England Baseball Complex in Northborough.
The Rams are now 6-3 in the Conference and 12-11 overall.
Salem State is now 10-11 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• Salem State grabbed the early lead with single runs in the top of the first and third. In the first, Traverse Briana plated a run with a single to left and in the third Briana doubled to center driving in a run.
• The Rams got on the board with five in the third. Senior Aaron Williams singled and then scored when classmate Kyle Lippert belted a two run homer to right.
Senior Kyle Dembrowski (Natick, Mass.) and junior Cory Caraher added RBI singles, while senior Joe Ambrosino scored on a wild pitch.
• A sacrifice fly from Ambrosino with the bases loaded in the bottom of the sixth accounted for the final run in the game.
• Senior Al Wallach earned the win on the hill for the Rams going seven innings and allowing two earned runs on seven hits with a walk and eight strikeouts.
• Joshua Bell took the loss for the Vikings going two and two thirds allowing five earned runs on seven hits with a walk and two strikeouts.
• Lippert finished the game two-for-four at the plated with two RBI and a run scored, while Caraher also finished the game with a pair of hits.
• Briana paced the Vikings with three hits in three at bats, while Kyle O’Connor added a pair of hits and scored both runs.
The game was the second game of a MASCAC doubleheader that was started on Tuesday and stopped due to weather. The game was replayed in its entirety due to MASCAC policies.
The Rams are back in action Friday when they travel to Worcester State for a MASCAC game at 3:30 p.m., while the Vikings are back in action on Friday when they begin a three game series with Westfield State.