Photo & report by Framingham State athletics
FIRCHBURG – The Framingham State outdoor women’s outdoor track and field team competed at the Jim Sheehan Memorial hosted by Fitchburg State on Saturday.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Rams had five runners compete in the 100 meter dash with junior Valerie Christian leading the way with a 6th place finish in a time of 14.08. Following not far behind was freshman Patrice Haney with a time of 14.52. Junior Harriet Koramoah and freshman Victoria Gibbs (Hudson, Mass.) finished at 15.43 and 16.62, respectively freshman Kiyana Chataigne wrapped up her 100 meter at 15.76.
- In the 200 meter race sophomore Chey Newsome crossed at 32.33 followed by Gibbs at 37.59.
- Freshman Kathryn Hayes was the lone competitor in the 800 meters crossing at 2:48:68,
- Sophomore Marissa Dias place 25th in the javelin throw at 18.61 meteres.
- In the long jump Christian placed 16th a 4.52 meters while Haney scored 16th at the triple jump.
- Junior Julia Sanborn had a solid in the discus throw placing 10th overall at 29.35m.
- Valerie was 15th overall in the long jump at 4.49 meters while Haney also finished 15th in the triple jump.
- Sanborn and Dias tossed the shot put at 8.41m and 6.78m respectively.
The Rams are back in action on Saturday, April 13t at the 2nd Annual Penman Relays hosted by SNHU.