By Framingham State athletics
BRIDGEWATER – Sophomore Hanna McMahon tallied five goals with an assist as the Framingham State University women’s lacrosse team defeated Bridgewater State University 13-10 Saturday afternoon in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) action at Swenson Field in Bridgewater.
With the Win Framingham Stat is undefeated in the Conference and 9-3 overall.
With the loss, The Bears are 6-3 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams took a 2-0 lead just under three minutes into the game as junior Nicole Pacheco and McMahon converted free position shots.
- The Bears countered with three straight of their own taking a 3-2 lead with 13:34 on the clock in the first.
- Two straight by the Rams put the visitor’s back on top 4-3 with just under six minutes remaining. Junior Grace Gamache scored unassisted and classmate Morgan Begley added a free position shot.
- Elizabeth Ettridge tied the game once again for the Bears when she converted off a Victoria McDonough assist. Sophomore Jenna McMahon tallied a goal for the Rams and McDonough scored for the Bears knotting the score at 5-5 with under two minutes remaining in the first.
- Hanna McMahon put the Rams on top for good when she converted a free position shot with 59 seconds left in the opening half.
- The Rams, who held a one goal lead at the break, started the second stanza with a 3-0 run featuring a pair of markers from Hanna McMahon and one from sophomore Alissa Marino taking a 9-5 lead.
- Two straight by the Bread cut the gap to 9-7, but the Rams responded with two in a row from Gamache and Jenna McMahon to push the lead back to four (11-7) with 17:40 on the clock.
- The two teams traded goals before Hanna McMahon tallied her final marker of the game with 4:21 on the clock giving the Rams their largest lead of the contest, 13-8.
- Bridgewater tallied two goals in the final two minutes to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- McMahon paced the Rams offense with her five goals and an assist, while Gamache finished the game with two goals and two assists.
- Jenna McMahon and Pacheco chipped in with two goals apiece, while Begley finished with a goal and an assist.
- Senior Indigo Fox Tree-McGrath earned the win for the Rams making seven stops, while Hayley Barner took the loss for the Bears making 11 stops.
- The Rams held a 32-26 edge in shots for the game, while the Bears held a 13-12 edge in draw controls.
The Rams are idle until next Saturday when they travel to Fitchburg State for a MASCAC contest at 12 p.m.