1 Today is 12th annual World Autism Awareness Day. Individuals are encouraged to wear blue today. April is Autism Awareness Month.
The following statistics are from the organization Autism Speaks:
- In 2018 the the Center For Disease Control determined that approximately 1 in 59 children is diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder.
- 1 in 37 boys
- 1 in 151 girls
- Boys are four times more likely to be diagnosed with autism than girls.
- Autism affects all ethnic and socioeconomic groups.
- Minority groups tend to be diagnosed later and less often.
Editor’s Note: Photo for today’s column is courtesy of Framingham Public Schools social media.
2. Today is Equal Pay Day.
4. FLYERS in action:
Framingham High boys lacrosse teams opens the season today at Phil Read Field at 3:45 p.m. They will host the Wildcats of Milton.
Framingham High girls lacrosse will travel to Milton for a 5:15 p.m. game against the Wildcats.
5. City of Framingham meetings:
- City Council’s planning & zoning subcommittee is scheduled to meet at 6;30 p.m.
- Mayor’s bylaw review committee is scheduled to meet at City Hall at 7 p.m.
- City Council is scheduled to meet at 7:15 p.m. in the Blumer Room in the Memorial Building
- Framingham Historic District Commission is scheduled to meet at 7:30 p.m. in City Hall
MAYOR’S SCHEDULE: The Mayor will meet with residents today from 5 to 6 p.m. in the Ablondi room at the Memorial Building. No appointment is needed.
According to her public schedule she is not scheduled to attend the City Council meeting tonight.