By Framingham State athletics
CLERMONT, FLORIDA – The Framingham State University softball team dropped a pair of game Thursday afternoon falling to Buffalo State 2-0 before being outlasted 16-12 by Carleton at the PFX Games at Hancock Park in Florida.
With the two loses, Framingham State is now 2-6 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
FSU vs. Buffalo State –
- Buffalo State got on the board in the bottom of the first inning as they capitalized on a Rams error to score an unearned run on a single up the middle from Oriana Castello.
- The Rams had a chance to score in the top of the third. Sophomore Victoria Ziner singled and moved to second on a ground. Ziner advanced to third when junior Mycala Moody reached base on an error, but Buffalo State got a pop out to end the inning.
- Buffalo State added to their advantage with a solo run in the bottom of the third inning. Chelsea Davis delivered an RBI single to left center with one out.
- The Rams loaded the bases with two outs in the top of the seven on back-to-back walks and a single by junior Kirsten Dick but Buffalo State got the a foul out to end the inning.
- Castello earned the win for Buffalo State going seven shutout innings allowing just four hits with two walks and four strikeouts.
- Senior Kelsi Gunarathne took the loss for the Rams in the circle going six innings allowing two runs, one earned, on six hits with four walks and eight strikeouts.
- Sophomore Grace Caughey freshman Farrah Adam Ziner and Dick recorded single hits in the game for the Rams.
FSU vs. Carleton –
- The Rams were defeated 16-12 by Carleton in their second game of the day.
The Rams close out their spring break trip on Friday morning when they face Western New England and Wisconsin-Superior at Hancock Park at 9:30 am and noon.