1 Framingham teacher Michelle Kinsella will hold her annual puberty meeting with fifth grade parents tonight at McCarthy Elementary School. Meeting starts at 7.
2.The Massachusetts Municipal Councillors’ Association will hold a President’s Dinner on March 13 at Ken’s Steakhouse in Framingham.
The even is open to all council members. Council presidents from across the state will also be honored.
The group will be welcomed by Dennis Giombetti, council president for the host city, who will discuss his view of Framingham’s transition to being a city.
The event’s keynote speaker will be Fall River City Council President Cliff Ponte, whose city faces a mayoral recall election on March 12 after being rocked by a crisis in leadership that produced headlines across the Commonwealth last fall. Ponte will discuss the skills needed for leading through change and controversy, which are applicable to any city council.
3. According to the Mayor’s public schedule, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events.
Yesterday, the Mayor was the keynote speaker at the Middlesex Partnership of Youth in Melrose.
4. The Christa McAuliffe Library branch will screen the 1976 movie A Star is Born today at 2 p.m. The movie stars Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson. PLOT: Rock star John Norman Howard’s career is on the decline, thanks to his excessive drinking. He falls in love with talented young singer Esther Hoffman and helps her move into the spotlight. But as Esther’s success grows, his career continues its downward spiral.
5. City of Framingham meetings scheduled:
- Edgell Grove Trustees have a meeting at 4 p.m. today
- Framingham High School Council has a meeting at 5:45 p.m.
- Framingham City Council’s Finance subcommittee has a meeting at 7 p.m. at the Blumer room in the Memorial Building
- Framingham Cultural Council has a meeting at 7 p.m. at City Hall