NORTHBOROUGH – The Framingham State baseball team used 16 by eight different athletes en route to a 19-4 win over Newbury College in non-league action Monday afternoon at the Northborough Baseball Complex.
With the win Framingham State is now 3-1 overall.
Newbury is still seeking its first win at 0-5.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Rams senior Joe Ambrosino (pictured) opened up the scoring in the top of the first with a 2 run single. A bases loaded Bobby Higgins single and subsequent error in the 4th would put the Rams up 6-0.
- The Nighthawks scored two runs a piece in the third and the fourth innings to cut the Rams lead to 6-4 but Framingham would answer with three in the sixth and a ten spot in the 7th to reach the final margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Kyle Hodgson got the start for the Rams going three strong innings before giving way to Al Wallach who earned the win going three innings in relief. Kevin Connelly earned the save throwing three shutout innings without allowing a hit and striking out six.
- Aaron Williams went 4-for-6 with a homer, 3 RBI and three runs scored. Kyle Lippert Andrew Curtis, Ambrosino, Higgins and Kyle Dembrowski (Natick High ) all registered two hits apiece.
- The Rams return to the diamond on Sunday, March 17, when they play Benedictine (IL) at 10:30 a.m. as they open up an 8-game stretch in Florida.