FRAMINGHAM – A community outreach meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 27 at 6;30 p.m. at the Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center for a proposed marijuana retailer at 655 Cochituate Road.
Innovation Flower is seeking a host agreement with the City of Framingham to open a recreational marijuana retail store on Route 30.
At the meeting there will be an opportunity for the community to ask questions.
A medical marijuana establishment is located at 665 Cochituate Road, and has also petitioned for a retail marijuana host agreement.
The City of Framingham has agreed to license up to six recreational marijuana retailers. Two of the licenses are grandfathered to the medical marijuana establishments that were granted licenses to operate when Framingham was a Town.
The Mayor’s office announced earlier this month it was moving forward with negotiations for one of the medical marijuana establishments to have a recreational license and to begin negotiations with a retailer proposed a former Massachusetts state representative.
- There will be an opportunity for the public to ask questions.
Information presented at the community outreach meeting, which shall include, but not be limited
1) The type(s) of Marijuana Establishment to be located at the proposed address;
2) Information adequate to demonstrate that the location will be maintained securely;
3) Steps to be taken by the Marijuana Establishment to prevent diversion to minors;
4) A plan by the Marijuana Establishment to positively impact the community;
5) Information adequate to demonstrate that the location will not constitute a nuisance as
defined by law; and
6) An attestation that community members were permitted to ask questions and receive
answers from representatives of the Marijuana Establishment.