Originally post at 9:39 p.m. Last updated at 11:33 a.m. Sunday morning
FRAMINGHAM – An electrical fire at Meriden Place Condominums on Willis Street, tonight, Feb. 9, displaced four adults, according to Framingham Deputy Fire Chief Brian Connolly.
No one was injured.
There was a fire in the walls between two apartments on the third floor, said Framingham Deputy Fire Chief Connolly.
When police arrived on the scene they used an extinguisher to put out the fire in the electrical outlet. When they look inside, the outlet they saw there was fire in the walls, he explained.
Framingham responded with Engine 5, Engine 3, Ladder 3, Rescue 1, and Engine 1.
Deputy Chief Connolly said two apartment are not livable, and displaced 4 adults. The Deputy Chief said the entire building had to be evacuated for about two hours, while they were battling the fire.
Meridien Place has 4 buildings. The fire only affected one building, said Meridien Place Condominiums Property Manager Oscar Vise, Sunday morning.
He said there was water damage to the lower apartments, but the units are livable.
Vise told Source Sunday morning – 38 apartments were affected.
The deputy fire chief said the American Red Cross offered assistance, but the adults had other people to stay with.
The deputy chief said the fire is under investigation.
“Fire was because the residents were using a space heater and extension cords and the aluminum wires were overheating,” said Vise to Source Sunday morning.
Photos submitted to SOURCE by Vise