By Westfield State athletics
WESTFIELD – The Framingham State University men’s basketball team was defeated on the road Wednesday evening 100-70 by Westfield State University in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference action at the Woodward Center.
With the win Westfield State is now 12-10 overall.
With the loss, Framingham State drops to 5-17.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Owls jumped out to a 54-37 lead at the half led by junior guard Chris Prophet.
- The Owls finished with six players in double figures. Moody Bey added 15 and Vawn Lord 14 points and eight rebounds.
- Prophet shot eight-of-15 from the floor including seven-of-12 from three-point range and added five assists and three steals.
- The Rams were paced by senior guard Manny Payton tallied 31 points on 13-of-23 from the floor. Payton was the lone Ram in double figures in the contest.
- Junior Tyri Hampton added nine points, while senior Khaneil Bruce added nine points and 11 boards.
The Rams are back in action Saturday when they travel to Bridgewater State at 1 p.m.