FRAMINGHAM – City Councilor Judy Grove is hosting a District 8 meeting on Wednesday, January 30, from 7 to 9 p.m. in conference room 2 in the Memorial Building.
The focus of the meeting will be on traffic and parking issue in District 8, which includes Precincts 15 and 18, said Grove.
“We expect to have police officers and a Traffic Commission member there to address our issues,” said Grove.
Here are some of the concerns to be addressed, according to Grove:
- Multiple car crashes on Winthrop Street
- Car parked on both side of the streets. Framingham residents should be parking on odd side only in 2019, under the City’s bylaws.
- Hollis Street needs crosswalks and lights especially near Lake Waushakum and near the Ashland line.
- Speeding on Nipmuc Street. Drivers using Nipmuc as a cut-through between Hollis and Winthrop.
- Residents of Dow Street are concerned about safety when cars cross Winthrop Street between Dow and Mellen Streets. There have been several accidents at this intersection. It is difficult to see cars driving west on Winthrop Street from the corner of Mellen and Winthrop Street.
- Trucks and vans with ladders using District 8 residential streets for parking sometimes for days at a time. Some have out-of-state license plates.