Report by Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Western New England men’s ice hockey team used three quick scores in the third period in 4-3 come from behind victory over Framingham State Saturday afternoon at Loring Arena in Framingham.
Western New England is now 4-11 overall.
Framingham State is now 1-9-1 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams jumped out to an early score taking advantage of a two-man advantage and when Brandon Hamner scored a power play goal assisted by Jack Sheehan.
- The Golden Bears outshot the Rams 17-to-5 in the first period and finally broke through in the early part of the second period when Eddie Rogers (St. Louis, MO) scored off a pass from Tyler Hines (North Haven, Conn.) as the two team skated to the second intermission tied at one.
- Play intensified five minutes into the third period when the Rams scored on the power play again when Soren Colstrup scored with an assist from Brenden Williams to take a 2-1 lead.
- The Golden Bears answered in a big way scoring three goals in a three-minute span to take a 4-2 lead.
- Just over 10 second after the Rams goal Andrew Green found the back of the net off a helper from Matt O’Dea.
- Just over a minute later the Golden Bears scored again when Steve Beckfound the back of the net assisted by Carlos Ross and Connor Geshan. They finished of their flurry when Connor Graham beat the Rams goalie with help from Rogers.
- The Rams cut the lead to one goal in the final moments when Ryan Paul scored off a rebounded shot from Walker Hamilton but would be able to find the tying score.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- In between the pipes, Kyle Carducci made 37 save in the win for the Golden Bears.
- Greg Harney made 41 stops for the Rams.
- The Rams put up 40 shots on goal to the visitors 45.
- The Rams were 3-for-7 on the power play while the Golden Bears were 0-for-4 on that man advantage.
Framingham State will return to action on Tuesday, January 8, when they travel to Becker for a 3:40 pm clash.