1 TODAY is election day in Framingham. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. in all 18 Precincts.
There is one question on the ballot. It is asking voters to raise taxes for 20 years, via a debt exclusion, to pay for the construction of a new $98 million Fuller Middle School. The State is providing the City with a $39.5 million grant towards the construction.
2. The Christa McAuliffe Charter School is holding an admission information session at the school tonight at 6:15.
3. The Framingham Human Relations Commission is holding a screening of The Innocent Convicts at the main Framingham Public Library at 7 p.m. It is free to attend. The documentary deals with the plight of innocent citizens who are victims of wrongful conviction followed by discussion with filmmaker Osagie Okoruwa.
5. City of Framingham meetings:
- Framingham Council on Aging has a meeting at 1:30 p.m.
- Keefe Technical budget subcommittee at 6 p.m.
- Zoning Board of Appeals meeting at the Memorial Building today at 7
- Framingham Historic District Commission meeting at 7;30 p.m.
According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website, Mayor Yvonne Spicer will meet with the public from 5 to 6 p.m. in the Ablondi room at the Memorial Building and then attend a documentary screening at the library at 7 p.m.