By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University men’s basketball team received a team-high 21 points from senior Manny Payton, as the Rams were defeated 75-64 by Clark University Thursday evening in non-conference action.
With the loss, the Framingham Stat Rams are now 1-7 this season.
Clark University improves to 4-5, with the win.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams led 8-3 after back-to-back layups from junior Tyri Hampton just over six minutes into the game, but Clark countered tying the game at 10-10 after a pair of free throws from Biko Gayman with 13 minutes left in the first.
- Clark took the lead 16-13 on a three point play by Matthew Wagget and would maintain the lead until a Hampton jumper put the Rams back on top 26-25 with four minutes remaining in the opening stanza.
- The Cougars closed the first half with a 10-3 run taking a 35-29 lead into the locker room.
- A Sean Christy three in the opening minutes of the second pushed the lead to nine, but the Rams closed the game and pulled within three on a Hampton bucket with 16:22 on the clock.
- Clark used a 17-0 run over the next five minutes to open up a 57-37 lead.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Payton paced the Rams with his 21 points on seven of 19 from the floor, while Hampton finished with 16 points after connecting on seven of 12.
- Brendan Kittredge led the Cougars with a team-high 17 points, while Gayman finished with 15 points.
- Joel Arteaga also recorded double figures for Clark with 11 points.
The Rams are back in action next Wednesday when they host Tufts at 7 p.m.