Photo & release courtesy of Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Suffolk University men’s basketball team defeated Framingham State by a score of 79-61 Saturday afternoon in Framingham.
With the win, Suffolk University is now 3-3 on the season.
With the loss, the Rams drop to 1-4 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The host Rams scored the opening bucket of the game then Suffolk rattled off a 20-4 run over the next nine minutes to lead 20-6 and led by as many as 24 late in the first.
- After trailing by as much as 26 early in the second, Framingham State was able to cut their deficit to 17 on a few occasions in the frame but Suffolk was able to hold on.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Michael Hagopian led Suffolk with a team high 17 points trailed by Brendan Mulson, who added 16 points and a team best eight rebounds.
- George Grillakis contributed 14 points and Alex Jacovides added 10 points.
- Framingham’s Manny Payton led all scorers with 19 points and five boards.
- Charles Valbrun added nine points and Khaneil Bruce contributed eight points and five rebounds.
- Suffolk shot 27-or-51 (52.9%) from the field and 13-of-32 (40.6%) from long range.
- The host Rams were 19-for-47 (40.4%) from the floor and 3-for-7 (42.9%) from beyond the arc.
Rams of Framingham will host WPI on Tuesday night