Report & photo courtesy of Framingham State athletics
Northfield, VT — The Framingham State women’s basketball team defeated Maine-Augusta by a score of 78-43 in the consolation round of the Ed Hockenbury Classic hosted by Norwich, Vermont.
With the win, Framingham State improves to 3-2 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After leading by three just under halfway through the first the Rams spun off a 11-3 run capped by a Mary Kate O’Day basket to take an 19-8 lead and they would not look back.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Abbey Battaini (pictured) led the Rams with 14 points off the bench shooting five-for-ten from the floor and a team best 8 boards.
- O’Day added 12 points with seven rebounds and Tiphani Harris added 10 points and six boards.
- The Moose were paced by Caitlin La Fountain who registered a double-double with 20 points and 11 boards.
- The Rams were 27-for-68 (39.7%) from the floor and 12-of-39 (30.8%) from beyond the arc.
- Maine- Augusta shot 14-of-50 (28%) from the field and just 2-of-21 (9.5%) from long range.
- Rams junior Emily Velozo was named to the All-Tournament Team
- The Rams return to action when they travel to Becker College on Tuesday evening for non-league action.