1 Three Framingham teams were named state champions this weekend.
- On Saturday, the Framingham High dance team won its third consecutive state title.
- On Sunday, two Framingham youth hockey teams won state championships.
The Midget A team defeated Stoneham to win the title.
TheU18 Tier III team won in overtime over Waltham to capture their title
2. Tonight the Framingham Library’s Homework Center will hold its authors’ reception for its 5th annual essay contest.
The Homework Center was invited to collaborate with the Framingham Seal Committee, this fall, so the essay prompt was “three elements, I think should be on the Seal of the City of Framingham are…”
The reception is tonight at 7 in the main library. Superintendent of Schools Bob Tremblay and Mayor Yvonne Spicer is expected to attend.
3. According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website, Mayor Yvonne Spicer is scheduled to meet individually with City Councilors from 4 to 5 p.m.
While it is not on her public schedule, the Mayor is scheduled to attend an event with Jack Abby’s Craft lagers this morning. The Framingham small business was named the Manufacturer of the Year in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by the Small Business Administration. Also the Mayor is scheduled to attend the Homework Center event tonight too.
Yesterday, the mayor attended an immigration fair at BRACE on Route 135. It was also not on her schedule. Watch her speech below.
Posted by Margareth Shepard on Sunday, November 18, 2018
4. Plan ahead: Framingham High will battle Natick High for the 113th time in football this week, but the game will not be played at Bowditch Field on Thursday morning but at Fenway Park on Wednesday night. Tickets are still available, but all the suites are sold out.
5. CITY of FRAMINGHAM meetings:
- Framingham Housing Authority has a meeting at 5 p.m.
- Framingham School Building Committee has a meeting at 7 p.m. at Fuller Middle School
- Framingham License Commissioners have a meeting at 7 p.m. in the Ablondi room in the Memorial Building
- Framingham Library Trustees have a meeting at 7;30 p.m. at the main Framingham Library.