1 According to Mayor’s public calendar on the City of Framingham’s website, Mayor Yvonne Spicer has no public events today.
However, Mayor Spicer is speaking at the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce this morning at 7:45 a.m., and she will be speak briefly at the MetroWest Chamber of Commerce’s 123rd annual meeting and gala at the Sheraton Framingham tonight. Tickets are still available for the MetroWest Chamber of Commerce event.
SOURCE will have more photos from the event and a report later, but today’s lead photo is of Herb, his wife Joan, and their family, who travelled from England for the event. The goal was to raise $80,000 for the program.
3. CITY of FRAMINGHAM MEETINGS:
- Framingham Planning Board is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 in the Memorial Building
- Framingham Human Relations Committee is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 in the Memorial Bulding.
4. FLYERS in action:
- The undefeated Framingham High freshmen football team travel to Natick High for a 3:45 p.m. battle with the undefeated Red Hawks.
- The Framingham High football team will have its final home game tonight at 7 at Bowditch Field against Weymouth High. Before the game with the Wildcats senior football players and cheerleaders will be honored at 6:30 p.m. Marching Band members will be recognized at half time. Go Flyers!
5. Busy sports day in Framingham (yesterday and today):
- The MassBay men’s basketball team has its home opener tonight at the Flagg Drive Framingham campus. Admission is free.
- Framingham State University’s men’s hockey team has a game at Loring Arena tonight.
- The Keefe Technical boys cross-country team won the Division 2 vocational state championship yesterday.
- The undefeated Christa McAuliffe co-ed soccer team won its semifinal round to advance to the Charter School championship.