FRAMINGHAM – The Calendar says November, but there is still a lot of road work scheduled in the City of Framingham this week.
Below is a list of state, local, and utility projects drivers may encounter the week of November 5.
All work is weather permitting.
- Concord Street: Expect moderate traffic delays as crews perform utility and roadway improvements in areas along Concord Street between Cochituate Road (Rt. 30) and School Street between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Crestwood Drive: Expect minor delays as crews perform punchlist items between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Dinsmore Avenue, Pierce Street: Dinsmore Avenue will be closed as crews pave the roadway. Work will take place between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Edgell Road, Grove Street, Belknap Road, Vernon Street: Expect significant delays as a temporary detour will be in place for southbound traffic on a portion of Edgell Road between 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m. Southbound traffic will be detoured from Edgell road onto Belknap Road to Grove Street, and reconnect to Edgell Road via Vernon Street. Northbound traffic will be permitted. Due to road restrictions, oversized vehicles and trucks should observe the posted limitations and follow the truck detour route on Belknap Road to Mill Street, continue onto Pleasant Street and reconnect to Edgell Road via Vernon Street. Police detail officers will be stationed within the work zone and at critical intersections within the detour to assist motorists; school buses will be given priority to ensure safe and timely travel for students. View the traffic management plan for this work.
- Hancock Lane, DiTullio Drive: Expect minor delays as crews pave the roadway on Monday, November 5 between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Roads will be open to local traffic.
- Indian Head Heights: Expect minor delays as crews continue utility work on Indian Head Heights between the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Lanewood Avenue: Roadway closure between Briarwood Road and Waveney Road until November as crews perform utility improvements under the aqueduct. Traffic will detour onto Angelica Drive and Waveney Way to access Waveney Road.
- Little Farms Road, Angelica Drive, Shawmut Terrace: Expect minor delays as crews perform utility improvements between 7:00 a.m-3:00 p.m.
- Marble Street: Expect minor delays as half of the roadway (from the Waverly Street side) will be closed while crews perform utility improvements between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Nixon Road: Expect minor delays this week as crews perform punchlist items on Edmands Road to Parmenter Road and Parmenter Road to the Marlborough town line between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Old Conn. Path: Expect moderate delays this week as crews perform punchlist items from School Street to the Wayland town line between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Speen Street: Expect minor traffic impacts as crews complete punchlist items on Speen Street between Old Conn. Path and Cochituate Road between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Union Avenue: Northbound travel (heading toward Route 9) will be permitted through the work zone (between DeLoss Street and Walnut Street). Southbound traffic between Linden Street and DeLoss Street is NOT permitted; traffic will be detoured to Franklin Street (southbound) to Henry Street to reconnect with Union Avenue. All trucks and over-sized vehicles heading southbound must use Franklin Street. Two-way local traffic traveling between Main Street and Linden Street will be maintained.
- Additionally, work will take place in the area of the MetroWest Medical Center on Lincoln, Thurber, Myrtle, Learned and Evergreen Streets. Please take notice of posted parking restrictions.
- Walnut Street: Expect moderate delays as crews mill and pave the roadway on Tuesday and Thursday between the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.