FRAMINGHAM -Framingham State University is hosting a one-day entrepreneur conference, Launch @FSU, on Friday, November 9, for anyone interested in connecting with entrepreneurs and investors and gaining actionable strategies for launching their idea or business.
The conference, which will be held at Framingham State’s Warren Conference Center in Ashland includes a keynote by noted entrepreneur and investor Michael Powers, a member of FSU’s Class of 1987 and one of the founding team members at YouTube.
The conference will also include a networking lunch, and two hands-on workshops. During the event, participants will gain insight from local entrepreneurs, leave with a business plan outline, and have the opportunity to network with business leaders and investors.
Speaker and facilitators include:
- Michael Powers: He is an expert in operational management of business units at startups and established companies. A former GM at CBSi, he was the second Product Manager at YouTube, first employee of Slide.com and founder of two internet companies. Powers is an angel investor in several startups, including Insight Engines (AI Search), Turo (Car Sharing) and locally founded companies Taskrabbit and TurningArt.
- Derek Canton, CEO and Founder, PaerPay
- Laura DiBenedetto, Author, President and Founder, Vison Advertising
- Adam R. Goldberg, M.Ed., CEO & Founder, Torchlight
- Mark Hardie, Director, Entrepreneur & Innovation Center, Framingham State University
- Patricia Nolan-Brown, Author, Inventor and Serial Entrepreneur
- Robert Krim, Associate Professor and Founder, Entrepreneur & Innovation Center, Framingham State University
- Robert Power, Vice President of Embedded Software – Silicon Labs
- Kathryn Rose, Founder, wiseHer
“Launch @ FSU is a great opportunity for MetroWest entrepreneurs and innovators to learn from people who have started successful businesses in a unique format that encourages interaction and guarantees that participants will leave with collateral to help them take their next step,” said Jennifer DeFronzo, Director of Alumni Relations for Framingham State.
To register for this event or for more information, go to https://launchatfsu.eventbrite.com