By Framingham State athletics
FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham State University field hockey team closed the 2018 season with a 3-0 loss at home to Eastern Connecticut State University in Little East Conference (LEC) action Friday evening at Elliot Field.
Framingham State finished the season at 1-11 in the Conference and 3-14 overall.
Eastern Connecticut finishes its season at 5-9 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Warriors got on the board first in the 16th minute as junior Morgan Sanson converted an unassisted marker.
- Just over five minutes later, the Warriors doubled their lead as Sanson assisted on a tally from freshman Sydney Collentine.
- The Warriors would add a final goal in the 49th minute as senior Erin Sheehan assisted on a tally from junior Lindsey McKeon.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Eastern Connecticut outshot the Rams 14-8 in the contest and held a 7-4 edge in penalty corners.
- Senior Haley Duggan, a Framingham High product, took the loss for the Rams in the cage. Duggan made seven saves in her final collegiate action.
- Sophomore Keira Integlia earned the victory in net going 61 minutes and making four saves before giving way to freshman Abby Harris who did not record a save in her nine minutes of action.
The Rams season came to a close this evening and prior to the game their three seniors – Meaghann Ackerman, Haley Duggan, and Bailey Donelly – were recognized as part of Senior Night.
Donelly and Duggan both played field hockey at Framingham High.